Drowning in shipping admin? Fulfilment software can reduce order fulfilment time by up to 40%
One of the most common challenges owners and entrepreneurs is a lack of time. When you start a new business, you begin by doing everything; from product sourcing, copy-writing to posting on social media. There simply aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything done.
Many owners rely on a mix of spreadsheets, accounting software and manual stocktaking – cutting and pasting – and all of these tasks can take up most of their limited time.
So how can you reduce some of the admin that grows as your business does? Which automations and integrations should you consider, to free up precious time to focus on growing your business without chewing up all your profits?
One of the most valuable, time saving processes to consider first is your fulfillment process.
Automating fulfillment with a shipping integration can save you thousands of hours and dollars a year. In a study released by Radial, “Strategies for Agile, Profitable and Secure Omnichannel Execution,” retailers report that the “average cost for the company to fulfil an order is staggering at 70 percent of the average order value…
Today, more than 55% of customers are using multiple channels such as online and mobile to shop, yet over 40% of retailers describe fulfillment costs as a major challenge impacting their business.”
For the online retailer only sending a few parcels a week, automation may not offer you any immediate cost/time benefits. However, if you’re shipping orders in batches of 10 or more daily, it is a worthwhile consideration when you calculate the time required to produce labels and customs documentation.
Integrated shipping and tracking software can save you a lot of time and money and reduce costly mistakes through automation;
- Centralise on- and offline orders from multiple channels and process them up to 3 times faster
- Businesses using automation software can process over 15% more orders per day
- Reduce fulfillment time by half, saving tens of thousands per year
- Automatically import orders to save time
- Auto correct addresses to reduce errors
A shipping integration such as StarShipIT supports multiple channels and couriers, providing live rates at checkout for Shopify & Magento and flexible shipping options including collect from store.
You can generate labels as well as picking slips, manifests and customs documentation.
International shipping headaches?
One of the biggest headaches online retailers face when shipping internationally is the amount of paperwork required. As well as the courier labels, customs require information around the contents and value of orders, and often this takes the form of a signed declaration.
With StarShipIT and DHL Express, you can simplify the process with an electronic lodgement of the customs declaration, leaving just the label to be printed. If all the information is imported from your eCommerce platform, this can become a fully automated process saving countless hours on laborious paperwork.
Some key results our customers have achieved since implementing StarShipIT’s integrated shipping and tracking software to automate their fulfillment:
- Luxe Fitness process 1000+ orders a week – with StarShipIT, which they process in just 2 hours a day
- ORIAS Best Online Retailer, FitMyCar credit automation as one the core reasons for their massive growth. “Working with StarShipIT is a bit like having a staffer who speaks with all your national and international freighters, and feeds tracking information back to customers (and staff) in almost real-time. It prints labels on-demand and has saved us countless hours which can be redirected into other areas of the business.”
- Miann & Co saved over $40,000 in fulfillment costs per year when they moved to automation
- The YOKO team is capable of processing around 60 orders per hour with StarShipIT. “We can process 3 times the amount of orders in the same time, with an estimated time savings of over 15 hours per week!”
- Arlo & Co (ORIAS Finalists) ship over 300 orders a week. They are able to process far more orders per day than manually, saving them 30-40% of our packaging and order fulfillment time which equates to 25 hours a week.
You can also improve customer service. Keep your customers updated automatically with email and text notifications throughout their order’s journey reduces calls and emails to your customer support team. Consider using a branded tracking page to further improve service levels as well as giving you a chance to up-sell to customers.
There are several different shipping platforms available so ensure that the integration you select plays nicely with your eCommerce platform as well as your preferred couriers. StarShipIT integrates with Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce to name a few as well as the largest range of Australasian couriers, with a dedicated team providing one to one support throughout the on-boarding process.
StarShipIT offers a free month’s trial during which time our support team will help you get your account setup so that you can start shipping straight away.